Number of employees
Thisted Brewery (Danish: Thisted Bryghus) is a regional brewery in Thisted in the north of Denmark founded in 1902. The brewery supplies the local market with pilsner beer, and has gained recognition internationally for beers like Porse Guld (spiced with bog myrtle) and Limfjords Porter, a Baltic porter.
Thisted Brewery was named the 2015 Brewery of the Year by the 9,000 members of the Danish beer enthusiasts association, Danske Ølentusiaster.
Twentieth century beer writer Michael Jackson wrote of Thisted's Limfjords Porter:
- "It was full of character: a dense, brownish, head over a slatey, black, brew; full-bodied and lightly oily; a touch of burnt-grass, rooty, peatiness; a long, warming, finish; and an alcohol content of 7.9. The flavours were very complex, and I was not surprised to hear that both smoked malt and licorice were used."
In 2019 the company invested 30 million kroner in a new brewery in Thisted.
- Beerinspector.com. THISTED BRYGHUS SINCE 1902.
- Culinary-heritage.com. A/S Thisted Bryghus.
- Michael Jackson's Beer Hunter. Celebrating small breweries in monopolistic Denmark.
- The Irish Times. PERFECT PINTS OF PLAIN.
- Copenhagen Post. Thisted Bryghus named brewery of the year.
- Limfjordsupdate.dk Thisted Bryghus laver ny øl og starter eksport til udlandet. (in Danish)
- Tvmidtvest.dk. Nyt samarbejde skal sætte Thisted Bryghus på verdenskortet. (in Danish)
- Via.ritzau.dk. Thisted Bryghus indvier nyt bryghus med folkefest. (in Danish)